22 November 2007

Quick Ride



HAPPY THANKSGIVING FAMILY, FRIENDS AND WORLD!

It's funny, now that we've been here this long (this is our third Thanksgiving), I don't even think about it. The only reminders were Kera making a pumpkin pie for her co-workers (not me...hmm) and when she was talking to her parents last weekend and they reminded her that is was today. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. It does mean that it's almost

Glühwein time (hot mulled wine). Woohoo!



In between starting a new class in a Structural engineering company and my regular evening class, I did some laundry (had to do it at a laundrimat as we're waiting for the new ones to arrive on Friday), waited for the electrician to fix some left over electrical problems from the original installation and then shot out for a short ride... about 1.5 hours. Today it's a little below freezing and it shows as most of the recent snow is melting here in town even though it is below freezing. You know, it just happens when the sun shines.

The ride felt good. It didn't hurt that we started back to spin class yesterday. While I've been in my integrations course me riding has gone to hell. Hopefully, this will jump-start it again. In theory, there's a race in a couple of weeks that we did last year, I'd like to do it again. It also didn't matter that it was a bit sloppy out on the dirt roads as the snow's melting. When I could, I just ducked in to the singletrack in the woods. That's what I'd rather ride on anyway.



These shoes = toasty and dry feet. Nice! Thanks LAKE!

Check here for other pics.

No comments: